How to Import AOL Address Book to Thunderbird – Solved!
If you are one of them who are facing issues while configuring your AOL Mail account in Thunderbird. Then this article is for you. Here, we’ll explain the complete process to import AOL Address Book/Emails to Thunderbird directly. So, take the help of this article and get all your AOL Mail data in the Thunderbird client.
In the early stages, AOL became known as AIM Mail, which stands for AOL Instant Messenger. It was a webmail application for users who want to send or receive messages. But in 2015, AOL sold the service to Verizon Communications. And Verizon shuts down all of its services and is relaunched as AOL Mail. But in 2021 Verizon also sold AOL Mail to Apollo Company. That’s why in 2021, AOL Mail has only 1.5 million users left.
Another side, Thunderbird is a popular email client with millions of users across the globe. But if you haven’t tried it out yet, you may not be aware of its rich features and functionality. One of the coolest features of Thunderbird is that you can import your contacts directly to your mailbox. In this article, we will explain the complete process to import AOL Emails & Contacts to Thunderbird. But before that, let’s understand some reasons.
Reasons to Import AOL Mail to Thunderbird
You may think that you need to save the emails and contacts on your AOL Mail to Thunderbird. And looking for the same solution, it’s not that easy. If you work at a company that uses AOL Mail for email communication, you’re stuck with limitations. However, there are many reasons like this for exporting email and address book from AOL to Thunderbird. Some of them are explained below:
- Local Backup: There are lots of users who want to save their mailbox locally. Therefore, Thunderbird is one of the best and free platforms for all those users who want to save their emails and contacts locally.
- Desktop Based Management: AOL Mail doesn’t offer many features which are available in Thunderbird. For that, lots of users want to import their AOL Mailbox to Thunderbird client.
- One Place for All Mailboxes: Mozilla Thunderbird is an email client and AOL Mail is an email service. With AOL Mail, we can easily manage single and multiple @aol.com accounts only. But using Thunderbird we can easily manage multiple Email Service accounts at once.
Solution: Import AOL Mail to Thunderbird Tool
RecoveryTools AOL Mail Backup Tool is the only solution that directly imports AOL emails into Thunderbird. Now, there is no need to configure your AOL Mail account in Thunderbird. The best part is that it will no longer take time to sync AOL Mail with Thunderbird. You can easily use this application to import bulk AOL Mail accounts to Thunderbird at once. Also, the solution is available for Windows and Mac computers.
Get the Program on your Computer Now:
How to Import AOL Emails to Thunderbird Application?
- Start the solution on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Select AOL and put your account credentials in the user interface.
- You can also use the batch option to load multiple AOL Mail account credentials at once.
- The proxy server option allows you to easily access your account through a proxy server connection.
- Choose the required folders after completing the folder sync process.
- Now, you need to choose the required Thunderbird option in the list.
- If your computer has already Thunderbird Installed, the solution automatically locates your database. And migrate all data into Thunderbird directly.
- Press the next button to start the process.
How to Export AOL Contacts to Computer for Thunderbird?
- Login AOL Mail account using your credentials.
- After that, select the Contacts option and click on the More menu option on the top bar.
- Now, here click on the Export option from the list.
- The solution offers several file-type options including CSV. Here, you need to select the CSV option.
- Now, you need to choose the location where you want to save the resultant contact files.
Now Learn How to Import AOL Address Book to Thunderbird?
To import AOL address Book to Thunderbird, you need to use RecoveryTools CSV to vCard Converter Tool. This application allows you to change AOL Mail exported address book file to Thunderbird address book format. Download the solution on your computer and follow the below steps:
- First of all, you need to download this application on your computer.
- Thereafter, install and launch the solution on your machine.
- Select the required AOL Contacts file with the browse option.
- Choose the required contact mapping fields if you needed.
- Also, you can choose the additional encoding options if required.
- Set the saving options path by clicking on the save file option.
- Start the process and set contact files at the desktop location.
- Now, open Mozilla Thunderbird on your computer.
- Select the Tool menu and choose the Import option.
- Then select the Address Book option and click on the Next button.
- Here, you need to select the vCard option and go to the next option.
- After a few minutes, your entire AOL address book is imported into the Thunderbird client.
Thunderbird is a free open-source email client available for Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. Thunderbird is based on Mozilla’s open-source email client, the popular Firefox browser. So, if you use Firefox, you know that Thunderbird offers many of the same features. That’s why a huge number of users want to import AOL Mail to Thunderbird clients. In this article, we have explained the complete process. Read the post and get the best solutions.