How to Merge Multiple VCF (vCard) Files Into One?
This write-up is going to mention one of the best and safest methods to merge multiple VCF files into one using manual and expert solutions. Here we will explain all the information and step-by-step guide to combine VCF files into one vCard file.
vCard, also known as a virtual business card, is a file format used for storing and exchanging contact information such as name, address, phone number, and email. It has a .vcf extension and hence is also known as a VCF file.
It is convenient to merge multiple VCF files into one for easier management and organization of your contacts. But multiple times, situations come when we want to combine VCF files into one vCard file, and we don’t know the right solution.
So here we will explain all the methods, but before starting the process, let’s have a look at the requirement for why users want to combine VCF files into one.
- Users can easily manage their multiple VCF files to organize them.
- Also, merging all the VCF file tasks makes the contacts sharable with others.
- Combining all the contacts into one, allow users to search specific contacts in one place.
These are just simple reasons to merge multiple VCF files into one, but there are end number of reasons which compel users.
How to Combine VCF Files into One File – Two Methods
Here, in this article, we have two solutions to merge VCF files:
- Manual Method – The manual solution uses CMD in your Windows operating system to get the job done. It does the most basic operation of combining the vCard files, so do not expect any sort of customization.
- Professional Method – The professional method is a smart tool that first de-duplicates the VCF files, then merges them into one single VCF file.
So, make sure you know your requirements before implementing a method.
How to Merge Multiple VCF Files into One Using CMD?
To merge multiple vCard (.vcf) files into a single file using the Command Prompt (CMD), you can use the following steps:
- Open the Command Prompt: Press the Windows key + R, type CMD and click on OK.
- Navigate to the directory where your vCard files are located: Use the “cd” command to change to the directory where your VCF files are located, for example, “cd C:\Users\admin\Downloads“.
- Use the “copy” command to merge the vCard files: Type “copy /b 1file.vcf + 2file.vcf + 3file.vcf finalfile.vcf” and press Enter. Replace “1file.vcf”, “2file.vcf”, and “3file.vcf” with the names of your vCard files, and “finalfile.vcf” with the name you want for the merged file.
- If you have many files to merge, you can use an asterisk (*) in the command, for example, “copy /b *.vcf allmergedfile.vcf“.
That’s it! The combined VCF file should now be in the same directory as the original files. But this method has some requirements, which are mentioned below:
- Lengthy and time taking process to merge multiple VCF files into one.
- Also, required technical knowledge about how to use CMD to accomplish this task.
- One wrong step will lose your data permanently.
Professional Solution to Merge VCF Files into One vCard
Download the vCard Duplicate Remover Tool to combine VCF files into one VCF file safely. The software comes with amazing and highly advanced features, which makes the software more powerful and interesting for all users.
This tool can process vCard files of all types: vCard 2.1, vCard 3.0, and vCard 4.0. So, you can use this application without any compatibility concerns. Also, it is a Windows-oriented software. You can download and try the free demo version of the tool on your Windows 11 (64-bit), Windows 10, and the below version operating system.
This method first removes duplicates, then merge multiple VCF files into one. Thus, ensuring that you have a clean and accurate contact list. So, use this method ONLY when you want to de-dupe and merge vCard files at once.
Steps to Merge Multiple vCard Files into One
- Firstly, launch the software on a Windows system.
- Click on the “Add Files” or “Add Folder” button to add the vCard files you want to merge.
- Once you have added the files, select/de-select the file that you want to process.
- Click on the “Create single VCF” button to ensure that the merge process will take place.
- Select the destination folder where you want to save the merged vCard file.
- Click on the “Extract” button to combine multiple VCF files into one VCF file.
- Wait for the merge process to complete, and then you can access the merged vCard file in the destination folder.
Now as you can see that how does the software work, also the software comes with a free demo version that allows users to analyze the features and performance, and how it works.
By following the simple steps given in this article, you can easily merge multiple VCF files into one for better organization and management of your contacts. Whether you use CMD or a professional tool, the process of merging vCards is straightforward and convenient.