How to Find OLM File Location in Mac Outlook All Versions
As a Mac Outlook user, do you need to find OLM files but don’t know where to start? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will walk you through the steps required to find OLM file location in Mac Outlook. Whether you need to transfer your email data to another computer or just need to back up your accounts, it’s important to know where your OLM files are located. So let’s get started!
Overview of Mac Outlook:
Mac Outlook is an application that allows Mac users to access their email accounts. An OLM file is an Outlook for Mac data file that contains all of your email messages, contacts, and other account data.
Find OLM File Location in Mac Outlook:
The OLM file location can vary depending on your version of Mac Outlook. Here are the locations for OLM files:
- Mac Outlook 2011:
- ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/Database
- Mac Outlook 2016:
- ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2016 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records/Messages
- ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2016 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records/Signatures
- Mac Outlook 2019, 2021, and 365:
- ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/Main Profile
- ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 16 Profiles/Main Profile
If you’re having trouble locating your OLM file, try opening Spotlight and searching for “OLM” or “Outlook for Mac Data File.” Also, make sure your Outlook account is set up correctly and you are logged in with the correct credentials. Finally, these locations are hidden, by default. So, you need to unhide them first.
Follow these steps to unhide the Library folder on your Mac:
- Open Finder on your Mac.
- Click on ‘Go‘ at the top of the screen.
- Hold down the ‘Option‘ key on your keyboard.
- The ‘Library‘ folder should appear as an option in the dropdown menu.
- Click on ‘Library‘ to open it.
- Alternatively, if you wish to permanently unhide the Library folder, type the following command in the Terminal application: chflags nohidden ~/Library/
- Press Enter and the Library folder should now be permanently visible in Finder.
You can easily open OLM file on Mac without Outlook
Importance of Finding OLM File Location:
Knowing the location of your OLM files is crucial if you want to transfer your email data to another computer or back up your accounts. This is also important for troubleshooting any problems you may have with your Outlook account.
Create OLM file in Outlook Mac:
If you need to create a new OLM file in Mac Outlook, follow these steps:
- Open Mac Outlook on your computer.
- Select “File” from the top menu bar.
- Click “Export“.
- Choose the items you want to export (emails, contacts, calendar events, etc.).
- Select “Outlook for Mac Data File (.olm)“.
- Choose the location where you want to save the OLM file and click “Save“.
- The export is successful.
In this article, we’ve walked you through the steps of finding OLM file on Mac, explained where it might be located, and provided solutions to any problems you might have. Knowing the importance of OLM file location in Mac Outlook can save you time and stress in the future.