Open OLM File on Mac Without Outlook – Simple Ways
Microsoft Outlook for Mac creates OLM files and uses them for email storage. So, it is easy to open OLM files on Mac if you have the Microsoft Outlook application. However, if you don’t have Outlook installed on your Mac, opening OLM files can be problematic. In this article, we will explore the best methods to open OLM file on Mac without Outlook.
Always Choose a Safe Approach to Open OLM Files
If you choose a bad approach to open OLM files on Mac, you may encounter some issues such as:
- Data corruption that leads to a partially or completely corrupted OLM file
- Data loss
- Software crashes
- Injection of viruses, trojans, and other harmful codes in your system
- Unsupported file format errors
- Damage to your computer’s operating system leading to a system crash
Therefore, it is important to choose reliable and trustworthy software or methods to open OLM file on Mac without Outlook.
Mac Outlook 2011 – /Users/<username>/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity
Mac Outlook 2016 & above – Users/<username>/Library/GroupContainers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/ Outlook15 Profiles/Main Profile
Top Methods to Open OLM File on Mac Without Outlook
When you want to open OLM files on Mac without using Outlook application, you have three options:
- Import OLM file to Apple Mail, the email client that comes for free on every Mac system.
- Use Free OLM Opener software that can open OLM file on your system itself.
- Use cloud-based tools that can open OLM file online.
Open OLM File on Mac using Apple Mail
- Open OLM converter on your Mac.
- Select and add the OLM file you want to access.
- Choose MBOX as the export option.
- Finally, export the OLM file to MBOX format.
- Now open this MBOX file in Apple Mail to complete the process.
The exact process to open MBOX file on Mac is below:
- Open Apple Mail on your Mac.
- Click on the File menu and select Import Mailboxes.
- Select the option of “Files in MBOX format” and click on Continue.
- Choose the MBOX file that you want to open and click on Continue.
- Click on the Done button to complete the process.
Once the import process has finished, you will be able to view all the emails and other data within the OLM file in your Apple Mail account.
This method uses a software tool to open OLM files on Mac without Outlook. So, it is recommended for only those users who use Apple Mail as their primary email client. Since they can keep their important data in Apple Mail to access anytime.
Free OLM Opener Software for Your Mac System
This is the most recommended method to open an OLM file on your Mac. OLM Viewer tool is available free of cost. It showcases all emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, and other data stored in the OLM file hassle-free. This solution is available for both Mac & Windows users.
Download and use the application below:
Hassle-Free Steps to Open OLM file on Mac without Outlook
- Run OLM Opener on your Mac.
- Click on ‘Add File’ to add OLM files.
- Select the OLM file and click Open.
- Preview emails, contacts, etc without Outlook.
- Read all data after opening OLM on your Mac.
Open OLM File Online – No Privacy
- Open the online viewer website on your web browser.
- Upload your OLM file to the website.
- View basic OLM data online without Outlook.
There are several online tools available that allow you to open OLM files online.. You can simply upload your OLM file to these websites and they will either open your OLM file online or convert it to a file format that is compatible with your device.
This method requires you to upload your OLM file online which is a huge privacy risk. After all, you have no control over the data once it’s on the website server. They can easily fetch, use and distribute your OLM data without your consent.
Some queries related to this article:
How do I Open OLM File on Mac with Outlook?
- Open Outlook for Mac on your system.
- Click on ‘Tools’ tab, then click on ‘Import’.
- Select ‘Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm)’ and click Continue.
- Select the OLM file you want to open.
- Click ‘Import’ to complete the process.
How do I Open OLM File on a Windows PC?
- Run OLM Opener on your Windows system.
- Locate the OLM file you want to open.
- Click Select File to open the OLM file.
- Preview all OLM emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
- Open multiple OLM files the same way.