Two Methods to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST Instantly
Looking for a solution to export Office 365 mailbox to PST? But facing different hurdles while googling for the same. Yeah! It’s time to take a deep breath and feel relaxed. Today we are here with an article to tell you about the best method to bulk export mailboxes to PST without facing any issues.
A person who knows every technical detail of the Exchange Online platform can perform this task. Well, we are now going, to begin with, an explanation of both the available approaches to exporting emails from Office 365 to PST
Moreover, users usually export their data from Office 365 to PST all because Office 365 does not provide a direct option to export mailboxes due to which users sometimes, need to face multiple issues. So, users try to export the data into PST to easily use that data in the future anytime and anywhere.
“Hi, I have almost 250+ accounts in my Office 365 Business account and I am thinking to export all the data into PST. After facing a lot of issues, I finally decides to export the PST data from Office 365 account. Is there any solution present that can help me to export all the accounts to PST?”
Method 1: Quick Way to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
We recommend you use Office 365 Email Backup Software that has been developed by RecoveryTools team experts. The solution provides a secured and safe environment for customers for exporting mailboxes. It also can export an unlimited number of data without facing any kind of size limitations and with no disruptions. Additionally, professionals have designed this tool with a special algorithm that meets the demands and needs of the users.
Moreover, this Office 365 to PST Export tool can export the data into multiple other formats Office 365 to G Suite migration, Office 365 to Outlook, Office 365 to PDF, Office 365 to iCloud, Office 365 to Exchange Server, extract Office 365 email addresses, Office 365 Contacts to OLM, and multiple others.
Free download the trial from the below button:
Download for Windows Download for Mac
Trial Limitation: The free trial edition will allow users to export only the first 25 emails from mailboxes to the PST files. To export an unlimited number of data, you can anytime continue with the licensed version of the software.
Step-By-Step Guide to Export Emails From Office 365 to PST
- Firstly, download and install the mentioned export tool in your existing system and run it.
- From the list of ‘Email Source’, select the Office 365 option, to begin with, the first phase of exporting.
- Then, enter the email id and password of the account. The tenant needs to be the one whose mailboxes you wish to export.
- Click on the Login button to allow the app to enter into the source account and fetch mailboxes from it. The data fetching takes place only for exporting purposes. The application automatically erases the fetched content after the entire procedure is completed.
- All mailboxes of the account will load on the preview panel of the software. Here begins the second phase of the process to export emails. You have to check the checkboxes of all those mailboxes, which you wish to export in PST format.
- Although the product displays ‘PST’ as the default saving option still for the safe side, you can re-select it from the menu.
- After that, the software automatically displays the default path to save the resultant PST file. If you wish to change it, use the Change option.
- Finally, click on the Backup button to initiate the procedure.
This procedure hardly involves only 8 steps to carries away to export the data. After performing these steps, you can easily export the data without facing any kind of size limitations.
I must say that this is one of the effortless solutions present on the Internet that can give the results without performing many steps.
Method 2: Export Emails From Office 365 to PST Using eDiscovery
This method aware users of the step-by-step process to use the eDiscovery option to export mailbox data.
- Sign in to your Office 365 admin portal and explore the navigation menu by clicking on the arrow.
- Hit on the Admin Center to explore the further list and pick the Exchange option from it.
- A new tab gets launched where you have to use the admin roles option from the ‘permissions’ fields.
- Now it’s time to provide a management role in EAC for using eDiscovery Management. This is done to create an environment for exporting mailboxes. Click on Discovery Management to proceed.
- Click on the Edit symbol to append important roles in the Discovery Management role group.
- In the Roles, you have to add Mailbox Import Export, Legal Hold, and Mailbox search roles. By default, the ‘Mailbox Import Export role is not allotted hence, add it manually.
7.In ‘Display Name List’, hit on Mailbox Import Export option >> Add >> OK.
- Go to the Members section and hit on Add symbol for adding your tenant to the member list. After adding the member, click on the Save button.
- Now you’ll be directed back to the EAC page where you have to click on the Compliance Management option. Click on Add icon for moving further with the process to export emails.
- Here opens a new browser where you have to enter the required name and description in the required field. Click on Next to continue.
- Then, you will be prompted to select mailboxes for the search operation. Pick any one of your suitable search options.
- Here you will see a ‘Public Folder’ that enables you to export data from public folders too. Click on Next to export.
- Several filtering criteria will be displayed in front of you. Apply filters as per your required settings and click on Next
- Click on the Finish button to save and update all the defined changes.
- After that, you can see the ‘Estimated Succeeded’ status on the RHS of your screen.
- Then, Continue the process by clicking on the Download icon.
- After that, Define the system location where you wish to save exported data via the ‘Browse’ button. After this, hit on the Start button
Features of Office 365 to PST Export Tool:
- Export Entire Mailboxes
The software will export the entire mailbox without imposing any kind of size limitations. While exporting unlimited data, the entire hierarchy will be maintained throughout the process and there will not be any kind of loss of data.
- Preserve Email Meta Attributes:
This mentioned export tool allows the user to export emails with the correct email structure. And, all meta-properties including Subject, Date, To, Cc, Bcc, etc. will be preserves and original during the backup process.
- Export Multiple Office 365 Mailboxes to PST:
This software also allows users to export mailbox data of multiple Office 365 accounts as a PST file. Moreover, the user only needs to select the I am Admin option when starting the software. Enter your account details via a CSV file and automatically export the data.
- Apply Filters for Specific Mailboxes:
Office 365 to PST Export software allows users to selectively back up items using multiple filters. In fact, filters can range from the period to the subject of the message, and so on. Simply select one of the filters and enter values in the required fields to use them.
- Export Archive Mailbox to PST:
The tool supports the backup of all mailbox items and folders. The user can export Exchange Online mailboxes, archive mailboxes, shared mailboxes, and public folders to PST files. While exporting all the data, there will not be any kind of loss of data, and the hierarchy of all the files and folders managed throughout the process.
In Conclusion, we have provided a solution on how to export the Office 365 mailbox to PST format. However, it is toughest for non-technical users to opt for an eDiscovery tool to export the data. But then also, no need to worry, we have come up with one of the highly professional solutions to export mailboxes without the need for any technical help and with no loss of data. For any other information, you can anytime connect with our technical experts.