How to Export Dovecot Maildir to Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013 with Dovecot to Exchange Migration Tool?
In this article we get to know about how can a user migrate Dovecot to Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 etc. with ease. Free Download Dovecot to Exchange Migration tool which will provide a direct option to import Dovecot Maildir to Exchange Server account without making changes in its original format.
Dovecot is an open-source Mail Server with IMAP & POP3 Server for both Windows & Linux Mail server. Dovecot is primarily designed for lightweight, fast & easy-to-setup as an open source Mail server. It is one of the major Mail storage servers using some MDA & later with MUA. Dovecot can work with standard Maildir as its own native high-performance DBOX format. It also includes a Mail Delivery Agent, with optional Sieve filtering as well support a variety of authentication schemas for IMAP, POP & Message Submission access including CRAM-MD5 & secured Digest-MD5.
Dovecot stores all of its mailbox data in Maildir file format. Initially Maildir is designed for the Qmail Mail Server in 1990s & its each mailbox folder is directory & each message a file. Maildir improves all the efficiency because all the individual emails can be modified, deleted & added without affecting the mailbox or other emails.
Microsoft Exchange Server is a very powerful Mail & Calendaring Server developed by Microsoft. It is email, calendaring, contact, scheduling or collaborating platform deployed on the Windows Server. It is designed for the users to access all the messaging platform on Smartphones, Tablets, Desktop & Web-based system. Exchange users collaborate through Calendar & document sharing.
How to Migrate Dovecot to Exchange Server?
In the above video tutorial, we get to know about how can a user import Dovecot Maildir to Exchange Server account. We will discuss a most effective way to import Dovecot to Exchange Server as well Hosted Exchange Server account. There are various users who are looking for a way to import Dovecot emails to Exchange Server account.
Our small shop has been on Exchange since forever (currently on 2003). However, we use a 3rd party managed Exchange provider and set tight limits on how much server-side storage we allow each user. The result is that our users all have additional email in local PST files, which we make daily backups of. Creating a NEW IMAP account to the server with another 2GB PST won’t work, because we can’t seem to get Outlook to reproduce the IMAP-side folder structure without downloading all the messages, which just fills it back up to 2GB.
Tools like IMAP sync won’t work because the email doesn’t exist on the Exchange server, its only in the users’ local PSTs. I’m sorry if I’m missing something obvious here, I don’t really have much experience with Outlook/Exchange.
- Jonathan Slithery, Bulgaria
From the above query we can easily conclude that the number of users who wants to switch from Dovecot Maildir to Exchange 2016 account. There is no manual procedure available to export Dovecot to Exchange account. So, choosing a third-party Dovecot to Exchange Migration software by which one can quickly import Dovecot emails into Exchange account. One such amazing toolkit is RecoveryTools Maildir Migrator which provides a direct option to do so. It will successfully import Dovecot Maildir files into Exchange Server account quickly & instantly.
Free Download Dovecot Maildir to Exchange Migration Tool:
The trial version of the software will enable the users to export Dovecot emails to Exchange account quickly & instantly. The trial version of this amazing tool will only enable the users to convert only first 25 Dovecot emails to Exchange Server account. One has to activate the software by purchasing the appropriate license from our official page. The working of this software is very easy & simplified as any non-technical user can better understand it just by following these simple steps:
- Access to your Dovecot Maildir mailbox items in a separate Maildir file: Dovecot Layout
- Run Dovecot to Exchange Migration tool & read all significant instructions
- The software will ask the users to load Maildir files by dual ways i.e. Select Files or Select Folders
- Choose the Dovecot files or the whole folder containing source Dovecot files & click on Open
- The software will load all the selected Dovecot Maildir directories & subdirectories including Trash, cur, new, or tmp. Choose all required mailbox items which you want to import into Exchange Server.
- Choose Exchange Server option from the list of 30+ Select Saving options.
- The software will ask the users to setup Dovecot to Exchange The software will ask I am Admin, Change Language as Dutch, French, Swedish, Spanish, German, as well Domain/User Name, Password, as well Server Name. The software will also provide Copy to default folders option to maintain the on-disk folder hierarchy.
- Enter Exchange Server Domain/ User Name, Password as well Server Name in the application panel.
- Once the setup process finalized click on Next button to start the Dovecot to Exchange Migration process. The software will also display a live conversion process to help the users in analyzing the whole process.
- After the conversion process finished completely with successful results the software will display a confirmation box. Click on OK button to confirm & exit from here.
- The Dovecot to Exchange Migration tool will also provide users a SavingLog report having all the information like Start Date & Time, Saving Type as Exchange Server, Source File Path, Items Converted, Destination folder path as well final status of the whole process.
As we can understand from above that the working of this Dovecot to Exchange Migration tool is very easy in a simplified manner. The software also permits the users to export Dovecot mailbox to 30+ saving option. It is one of the most secure software to migrate Dovecot to MS Exchange Server. It also provides I am Admin option by which an admin can store imported data in any users account.
Some Highlighted Features of Dovecot to Exchange Migration Tool:
There is no doubt that this amazing toolkit will provide some state-of-the-art features which makes it incredible to use. There are thousands of users who wants to switch their mailbox data from Dovecot to Exchange account. They looked for some free & manual tricks but those tricks required a lot of advanced knowledge as well consumes more time. Hence the selection of professional toolkit is a way smarter approach for the users. One such advanced solution is discussed above with some incredible features like as listed below:
- The utility provides users I am Admin option which will enable the Administrators to successfully import Dovecot directories into Exchange Server for multiple users.
- The software will ask the users to change the default language of whole Dovecot mailbox into some most popular languages like Dutch, French, German, Spanish or Swedish.
- The software provides dual ways to load mailbox data in its panel. Users can load Dovecot single directory or multiple directories by separate options. Chose Select Files or Select Folders options to do so.
- No Outlook installation is needed for the working of this toolkit as it is a completely standalone software.
- The software will never come up with any file size limitation as it is tested up to 50GB of Dovecot Maildir directories to successfully import into Exchange Server account.
- The trial version of the utility will enable the users to export only 25 items from each folder of Dovecot directory into Exchange 2016.
- The software provides Copy to Default Folders option which is used to preserve the on-disk Folder Hierarchy of the Dovecot Mail Data into Exchange Server database. All the emails of respective folders will be imported into respective default folders including Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Deleted Items, etc.
- The software is designed with advanced approach to provide a 100% secured environment to its users.
- It will enable the users to export all Dovecot directories & subdirectories including Cur, TMP & New into Exchange 2013 account.
- The application will manage to transfer all the data & emails of Dovecot to Exchange Server along with all inserted attachments.
The Verge: In this article we get to know about how can a user import emails of Dovecot IMAP to Exchange account. We discussed & try to find out the solution for these queries like how do I import Dovecot to Exchange Server, Can I migrate Dovecot Maildir files to MS Exchange? Etc. We take the help of Dovecot Mailbox Migration tool which provides me a direct option to do so.