How to Move Sendmail Mail to Postfix CentOS using best Sendmail to Postfix Migration Toolkit?
Sendmail to Postfix Conversion tool which enables the users to switch emails from Sendmail to Postfix account quickly & instantly. Convert Sendmail MBOX files to Postfix Maildir files using this advanced solution. Quickly Change or migrate Sendmail to Postfix account without requiring perfect_maildir.pl script to be run with the help of some commands.
Free Download Sendmail to Postfix Converter Software:
The trial version of Sendmail to Postfix Converter tool will enable the users to export first 25 emails from its each folder. It is necessary for you to first activate the software by purchasing the appropriate license to perform unlimited migration of mailbox items. Sendmail is an MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) which is used to send emails from one system to another while using client-server application architecture.
As Postfix is one of the preferred choices among the users to manage the emails & messages for an organization. It is a Unix-based interface & easy to setup Mail Server for medium & large sized corporations. It is one of the most flexible Email Server as it can change various style interfaces. The security of mailboxes in Postfix Mail Server is one of its building blocks which make it a popular email management service for UNIX users. Due to these advancements of Postfix over Sendmail, large number of users wants to change Sendmail to Postfix account.
We have an HP-UX environment running HP-UX 11.31. The system was originally built to send email out through Sendmail. The server only sends email out, and the programmer has built a number of programs using the mailx command to send the emails. We have decided to move from Sendmail to Postfix to fix some configuration issues and use an easier to configure program on the server.
I’m not a Linux admin, but from a quick search, the e-mail messages stored in the old server are in MBOX format, while on the new server, the Postfix daemon works storing mailboxes in Maildir format. What I’m trying to understand is how to remove Sendmail from the routing and have mailx queue email directly with Postfix.
- Kyle Jones, Manchester
This can be done with the help of MBOX Converter software which provides a direct option to do so. Just follow these simple steps to better understand the whole process.
How to Convert Sendmail to Postfix Maildir Files?
From the above video tutorial, we can easily understand that how can a user successfully switch from Sendmail Mail Server to Postfix Mail Server. We take the help of a professional toolkit to do so. The working of this amazing toolkit is very easy & simplified as any non-technical user can better understand it. Just follow these simple steps to so.
- Install & Run Sendmail to Dovecot Converter tool & read all important instructions.
- Browse for Sendmail Mailbox items (*.mbox) in your application panel by dual ways from source location i.e. /etc/mail/virtusertable or /etc/mail/local-host-names.
- Choose the Sendmail Mailbox folders with sub-folders to compete the whole process.
- Choose Maildir option from the list of 30+ Saving options.
- Setup Sendmail Mailbox to Postfix Maildir file conversion option in software panel as change destination path etc.
- Click on Convert button & analyze the whole file conversion process.
- Access the resultant Maildir files directly from destination folder & save the mailbox items at Postfix default storage location i.e. /var/mail/[username].
As from above we can easily conclude that one can successfully migrate from Sendmail to Postfix Mail Servers. The utility is itself a state-of-the-art toolkit having world-class features.
Major Features of Sendmail to Postfix Migration Tool:
The utility comes up with some powerful & amazing features which makes it a state-of-the-art solution in the same domain. Some of the major features of this amazing software are listed below;
- Supports to export unlimited Sendmail Mail Server files to Postfix account without any limitation.
- It will preserve the on-disk system folder hierarchy of the Sendmail mailbox items.
- Also allows to export Sendmail Mail to Postfix Maildir files including Cur, TMP or New subdirectories.
- Allows to batch export multiple Sendmail Mail Server users mailbox data to Postfix at a single instance.
- Enables the users to convert Sendmail emails to Postfix Mail Server along with all inserted attachments.
- It will export Sendmail MBOX files to Postfix Maildir files which will also enable the users to switch from Sendmail to Dovecot, Qmail, or Courier Mail Servers.
- The software enables the users to save resultant Postfix supported files at Desktop. Apart from it, users can also change default destination path according to their requirements.
- The software is fully compatible with Microsoft Windows OS i.e. Win 10, Win 8.1, Win 8, Win 7, Win XP, Win Vista for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS editions.
The Verge: In the above blog post we successfully deals & try to find out an advanced solution to convert Sendmail to Postfix Mail Transfer Agent. We take the help of a professional toolkit instead of a third-party free manual script i.e. md2mb.pl. The software is one of the best solution available in present time & its trial version will export first 25 emails from its each folder.