How Apple Mail Export Messages Along With Attachments?
In this technical guide, we will learn how Apple Mail exports messages along with attachments and other mailbox data items.
Apple Mail, a well-known email client, allows its users to send/receive emails and store their account data on the Mac OS system. Users often wish to export their mailbox data with attachments so that they can preserve their data for future purposes.
In this blog, we will discuss both manual as well as professional solutions to export Apple Mail messages directly to the MBOX format. You can choose any of these methods as per your requirement and convenience. So, let’s start with the manual solution.
Method 1: How does Apple Mail Export Messages Manually?
For exporting an Apple Mail mailbox with attachments, perform the following steps:
- Open Apple Mail in your system.
- Choose the desired folder that you want to export and click the Export button.
- Select Mailbox / Archive Mailbox from the tab.
- Choose the destination location where you want to store the exported data.
- Get the .mbox file to the terminal windows and click the Next button.
The resultant MBOX file will be saved at the destination location.
Method 2: Export Mac Mail Mailbox to MBOX
One another manual solution is available that allows users to export only a selective number of Apple Mail messages. Just follow these instructions:
- Open Mac Mail, and select the required email messages.
- Go to File Menu >> Save As.
- Enter the destination location and file name.
- Select Raw message source in the format menu and Save.
- Rename the file with the .mbox extension.
Hence, you will get the resultant Apple Mail messages in the form of the MBOX format.
Note: The main limitation of using both manual solutions is that you can export the email messages only in the form of the MBOX file format.
Method 3: Professional Solution for Apple Mail Export Messages
RecoveryTools Apple Mail Migrator is a highly professional tool that makes it possible for users to easily export the Apple mailbox along with attachments. This software utility has been developed with advanced technological algorithms and can easily be used by both technically expert and novice users.
Moreover, the mentioned tool offers a wide variety of features and has the ability to handle a large amount of data. While exporting bulk data, it will maintain the original email meta properties as well as the hierarchy of all files and folders. The main advantage of using this solution is that you can easily do an Apple Mail export mailbox with attachments whether they are normal or embedded. Also, users can export the data into 15+ file formats according to their convenience.
Just download the mentioned tool free of cost and start the process.
Step-by-Step Guide to Export Apple Mail Messages
- Run the mentioned tool in your existing system to start exporting the data. Upload the needed number of files or folders.
- Select the required number of Mac Mail files or folders from the bulk data.
- Choose the desired file-saving option from the list of options.
- Enter the destination location where you want to store the exported email messages and click the Next button to start the process.
- A confirmation box appears indicating the successful completion of the process. Click the OK button.
You can find all the resultant mailbox files at the destination location.
Features & Benefits of the Mentioned Export Tool
- Bulk Export Messages
The utility has the ability to export an unlimited number of messages along with other data items. Moreover, while exporting the entire mailbox, it will not impose any kind of size limitations and restrictions.
- Export Mailbox with Attachments
While exporting Mac Mail mailbox, users can also include attachments, whether normal or embedded. This is one of the great advantages of using this tool.
- Supports to Export into Other Formats
Moreover, this software also exports the data into other multiple others such as Apple Mail to PDF, Apple Mail to CSV, Apple Mail to PST, Apple Mail to HTML, DOC, and other formats.
- Preserves Email Properties
Apart from that, the tool maintains the hierarchy of all the data items throughout the process and will not lead to any kind of data loss. The data will be present in the original email formatting while maintaining system folders.
In this blog, we have discussed two solutions for a common query regarding how to export Apple Mail messages. Both solutions are convenient to use and provide you with the desired results. However, the first two manual solutions will give the resultant files only in the MBOX format. So, we recommend you continue with the professional solution and export the Mac Mail mailbox with attachments in multiple formats.