How Apple Mail Export Mailbox with Attachments to Save into Hard Drive?
In this article know how can a user export mailbox emails and massages from Mac OS X Mail to MBOX file. It helps to save emails from Mac Mail to Hard Drive to take Apple Mail Backup. MBOX files keep emails in very durable format so that Apple Mail emails can be easily imported into many other programs and services.
How to Export Mac Mail Folder to MBOX File?
To export a folder as MBOX file from Apple Mail, follow these simple steps:
- Open desired folder in Mac Mail, make sure it contains all your required emails and messages which you want to Export.
- Select Mailbox/Archive Mailbox… from Menu tab.
- Browse to the location under Choose a destination for mailbox archives…
- At last click on Choose
- Open Terminal application in your system and type CD in it.
- Drag & Drop *.mbox file to the Terminal Window and then hit Enter.
- Type ‘cp mbox “../FolderName.mbx”’, and press Enter
You will receive all your folders in MBOX format. You can remove the previously archived Mailbox file to free space.
How to Export Selective Mac Mail Messages to MBOX file?
One can easily export only few selected emails to MBOX file from Mac Mail. Just follow these instructions:
- Select all the messages you want to export in Mac Mail.
- From File menu, choose Save As
- In Save As dialog, pick the destination location and file name.
- Make sure to select Raw Message Source in Format menu.
- Click on Save button to store items.
- Rename the resultant file and add *.mbx to its name to be useful in other applications.
As one can easily save Apple Mail emails in Hard drive as MBOX format. In case if you want to export Apple Mail emails to various email clients and file formats, you can try MBOX Converter software which helps the users to migrate emails to 20+ file formats and email services.