Guide to Migrate Mailbox from Zimbra to Exchange Server
In this article, you will learn how to export Zimbra Desktop to Exchange Server. It is the need of the hour for understanding how to migrate mailbox from Zimbra to Exchange Online account. Users can do it with RecoveryTools Zimbra to Exchange Migration Tool to connect both email services.
Many users are looking for a way to import emails from Zimbra to an Exchange Server account. You can move Zimbra directly to Exchange by domain name, username, password, and server name.
TGZ files are exported from Zimbra Desktop or ZCS to all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc. on your hard drive or local storage. These TGZ files can be easily used to transfer Zimbra data from one computer to another.
It is not a simple process to migrate mailbox from Zimbra to Exchange Server. The whole process requires a lot of planning; because this involves converting the mailboxes of all Zimbra users to the Exchange environment.
Despite being a risky task; there are many applications available right now that fill this gap.
Quick Solution to Migrate Zimbra to Exchange Server
Users can do it with the help of RecoveryTools Zimbra Migration software, which provides the direct option to export Zimbra to an Exchange Online account. This tool will ask the users to enter the credentials of the resultant Exchange Server account. It allows the users to map the Zimbra mailbox folders with Exchange Server user accounts.
You can free download the setup of this toolkit from the below buttons:
Trial Limitation: This toolkit comes up with a free trial edition to help the users in understanding its working. During the trial, the software will allow the users to migrate only the first 25 emails from Zimbra Desktop to Exchange Server. You need to first activate this utility by purchasing the proper license keys.
Simple Steps to Migrate Mailbox from Zimbra to Exchange Online
- Install & run the tool & then load Zimbra files.
- Choose all the required Zimbra mailbox folders.
- Select the Exchange Server option from the list.
- Setup Zimbra to Exchange Migration options.
- Click on the Convert button to start the process.
Prime Features of Zimbra to Exchange Online Migration Tool
This software offers several advantages to its users in terms of speed and accuracy. Some of the key features of the Zimbra to Exchange Online migration tool are listed below:
- Batch export multiple mailbox files from Zimbra TGZ to Exchange Online account.
- Direct option to import Zimbra Mail to Exchange Server without requiring extraction of TGZ files.
- It is a very easy & simple to use program. A user does not need technical knowledge to perform his work.
- The user only needs to provide account login credentials such as username/domain, password, and server name for the conversion.
- The software allows users to switch the language to other common languages such as Dutch, French, German, Spanish, and Italian.
- This application provides the I am Admin option, which allows users to import mailboxes from a Zimbra mailbox to an Exchange administrator account for multiple user accounts.
- A user can easily upload Zimbra Emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, documents to Exchange Server account.
- The utility will maintain the on-disk system folder hierarchy of mailboxes. It will transfer emails from all Zimbra mailbox folders like inbox, deleted items, drafts, spam, spam, spam emails, etc. to Exchange Server.
- This software is fully compatible with all Microsoft Windows & Mac operating systems.
Understanding Working of Zimbra to Exchange Migration Tool
The tool is easy to work for Zimbra Desktop connect to Exchange Server. Users can understand the full process by following these simple steps:
Install and run the Zimbra to Exchange Migration tool and load TGZ files.
Browse the folder that contains Zimbra TGZ files. It also enables the users to add extracted files.
This tool will quickly start extracting all the data from the TGZ file and will display all the folders in its left pane. Users only need to select the required mailbox folders according to their needs.
Select all the necessary folders you want to convert. The software also provides a preview of Zimbra TGZ mailbox items in its dashboard.
In case the user wants to save attachments from Zimbra emails, click Save all attachments. To continue, click the Convert button.
Select the Exchange Server option from the list of savings options.
The software will provide some advanced options for switching from Zimbra to Exchange, including language change, I am Admin (login with Exchange Server administrator account to backup all user accounts), domain/username, password, server name, option to copy folders by default.
Configure the Zimbra to Exchange Conversion options by providing the account login credentials and then click Convert. The software will immediately start the migration process. So, users can analyze the work process as shown in the application dashboard.
Once the process is complete, the utility will create a SavingLog report containing all the information related to the conversion process, such as start date and time, save type, selected source file path, converted file item history, the Exchange Server destination folder, and the status of the entire process.
Frequently Asked Queries:
Can I transfer mailboxes from Zimbra to Hosted Exchange Server?
Yes, you can transfer the mailbox from Zimbra to Hosted Exchange Server.
Do you maintain data migration accuracy?
Yes, the software is designed after years of experience. Therefore, it maintains 100% data accuracy during the migration process.
How do I connect Zimbra Desktop with Exchange Server?
A user can connect Zimbra Desktop with Exchange Server using a connector. However, it is a good choice for a user to migrate mailboxes from Zimbra emails to Exchange Server.
In the previous article, we discussed how a user can switch Zimbra Email Server to a Microsoft Exchange Server account. It will retain the email properties while transferring emails from Zimbra to Exchange 2016 Server.