The server cannot service this request right now. Try again later. – Fix for Office 365 & Exchange Server
Exchange Web Services are used by RecoveryTools solutions to connect to Office 365 or Exchange Server accounts (EWS).
Please read the following information if you are using one of the solutions to migrate or backup messages from an Office 365 or Exchange Server mailbox.
During migration, you may see the following problem sometimes when using RecoveryTools solutions:
“The server cannot service this request right now. Try again later.”
This is due to Office 365’s implementation of EWS throttling.
Disabling EWS throttling in Office 365 may address this issue.
How can I disable throttling for EWS in Office 365?
Disabling EWS throttling allows for faster data flow across Office 365 applications.
As a consequence, if you are having problems with migration speed, you may choose to disable it.
- Log in to Office 365 using the Administrator credentials.
- Go to Support and click New Service Request.
- In the text box, type throttling, and it will show Increase EWS throttling Policy.
Then click on same option.
- Click Run Tests.
- A diagnosis will start for the throttling. Let it complete.
- A message will appear, “If you are planning or performing a data migration, you can temporarily change the Exchange EWS Throttling Policy to allow the migration to complete“.Input the number of days for the Duration and click Update Settings.
The available options are 30, 60, and 90 days.
- A Success message appears that a change in throttling policy is initiated. It will take 15 minutes to update the changes.
- Now when you search for throttling in the new request, a different message appears. It shows that the EWS throttling is disabled for now.