How to Import Windows Live Mail to Outlook Account? Complete Guide
In the following blog, we are going to explain how to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook. So, if you are also looking for a solution for how to export Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, or other versions, go through the suggested solution.
As we all know Windows Live Mail is not supported by Microsoft now, and if you are still using Windows Live Mail in a lower version from Windows 7, then we suggest you migrate your data from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook account.
And if you don’t know the right way, then don’t worry here we are going to explain the complete methods with step by step guide to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous versions.
User Query: Hi! I am John, currently working as an Analyst. I was using the Windows Live Mail application even after it was discontinued. But now I am planning to switch to Microsoft Outlook. The issue I am facing right now is I don’t have any knowledge regarding the solution for this. Kindly help me out in importing Windows Live Mail to Outlook. Thanks in advance!! – John Mathew, California
Windows Live Mail to Outlook Converter – Reliable Solution
The Windows Live Mail Migrator to export Windows Live Mail to Outlook is a multi-featured software solution. It gives an option to automatically load the Windows Live Mail mailbox if the WLM application is already installed on your system.
Also, there are many other features available. With this software, you can convert multiple Windows Live Mail emails to PST Outlook very quickly. This Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST converter allows to export Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST files supported by Outlook 2010 and all other Outlook versions.
The Windows Live Mail to Outlook Converter has these licenses. Each one of them contains different Saving Options. Also, there is a free Demo version of the utility available which is the limited edition of Migration License.
Quick Steps to Import Windows Live Mail to Outlook
- Step 1: Install and run the software.
- Step 2: Upload the WLM files/folders.
- Step 3: Select required folders/subfolders.
- Step 4: Select PST from Select Saving Option.
- Step 5: Browse the path and hit the Convert icon.
Important Features of Windows Live Mail to Outlook Converter
- The software allows users to add Windows Live Mail data professionally and manually using the Select Files and Select Folders options.
- If your Windows Live Mail is configured same machine, then this tool will load the data automatically from the default location.
- Users can select the required data from the software panel as per choice. Also, the Windows Live Mail to Outlook converter allows users to import multiple data files in bulk at once.
- The advanced filter option allows users to select Windows Live Mail to Outlook conversion via Bcc, Cc, To, From, Date, Subject, etc.
- Users can easily separate PST per file example: if you have 100 single files, then this tool will make 100 PST files using the Separate PST per user option.
- Also, it chooses a desktop location by default and you can select a different location as per choice using the Browse button.
How to Import Windows Live Mail to Outlook? Complete guide
- Firstly, install & run WLM to Outlook converter on a Windows machine.
- Now, from the Select Files or Select Folders options, add the required EML files.
- Check the required folders/ subfolders from the panel, and click on the Next button.
- After that, Select the Saving Option as PST to import Windows Live Mail to PST.
- Enable the Separate PST per user and browse Destination Path using Browse.
- Lastly, click on the Next button to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST.
How to Export Windows Live Mail to PST Manually?
This procedure can be done manually as well. But it will be hectic for non–technical users. It is recommended to take a backup of the entire data to avoid a data loss scenario. So, let’s begin the steps to import Windows Live Mail messages to Outlook:
- Firstly, open Windows Live Mail on your system.
- Then, open Microsoft Outlook Email Client on the Same Machine.
- Click on the File option and then tap on the Export button.
- After that, select the Email Messages from the list.
- Select the Microsoft Exchange and then click on the Next button.
- Now a dialogue box will appear containing the message “All Email Will be Exported to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange.” Click on the OK button.
- Finally, Select the folder which you want to migrate and hit the OK button.
- After completion of this procedure, hit the Finish button to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook.
Why User Should Avoid Using Manual Solutions?
As said above, this method is not suitable for non–technical users. It contains a lot of technicalities. User has to install both email applications on their system to complete this task through a manual approach.
There is a possibility that some portion of the data my loss during the conversion of Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST procedure. Also, users will not be able to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook in bulk. It will take a lot of time and effort.
Hence, it is better to avoid this solution and go with a software solution as Manual methods are not safe every time.
So, in the above write-up, we have given a complete solution to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook. The utility used is an instant approach to convert emails from WLM to PST format. If you wish to experience the software working, you can install the Demo version of the software. Also, we have explained the manual method, but it has some limitations. Choose the method that suits you best.