How to Extract Attachments from Maildir File – Simple Steps
Find a simple solution of how to extract attachments from Maildir file in easy steps.
“I have my account configured in Mozilla Thunderbird program. I want to know whether there exists an answer for archiving email, extract attachments, and saving them independently from the Maildir file format. So, if anybody had extracted the attachments from the Maildir file, let me know.”
— Silva Sky, California
In this blog, I am going to discuss a quick and direct method that will guide you to export Maildir files into multiple files format and clients in bulk.
I would especially recommend the RecoveryTools Maildir Migrator wizard, which extracts attachments to the desired folder. Also, export Emails of Dovecot Maildir, Thunderbird Maildir, Qmail Maildir, Courier Maildir Files, or Postfix Maildir.
Why Select Maildir Attachment Extractor ?
Maildir is the file format introduced by the Qmail mail server which stores only email messages in a separate file with a unique name and each mail folder is a file directory (Tmp, new, cur).
It is a systematic way of storing mailbox data/information. IMAP/POP3 servers only work with the Maildir format of mailboxes.
It is the file format of the Maildir which supports subfolders and mail quotas. The files stored in the Maildir start with (dot) “.” (eg, ” .Inbox “, “.Drafts ” etc.)
Tmp– It stores the temporary emails for the mailbox synced to the file.
New– It stored all the unread messages. It stores the meta properties of emails including return-path and delivered to details.
The Maildir file extension receives messages in RFC 822 format. This directory keeps a record of the creation date and any last modifications or edits made.
Cur– All the read messages are stored in this directory systematical.
A Maildir attachment file may contain an Image, Picture, Text file, Excel Sheet, Presentations, Workbook, PDF files, Zip file or RAR archives, etc. These items occupy a lot of space in the mailbox and there is a limit for every mail client to store the data or information.
Sometimes user only wants to have access on the mail attachments.
So, to reduce the size of the file it is necessary to extract attachments from Maildir file.
The application which uses Maildir format-
Mail Servers: Xmail, Dovecot, Postfix, Exim, Qmail, Courier Email Server
Delivery Agents: Maildrop, Procmail, mswatch, Getmail, pop3
Email Clients: Balsa, Alpine, Cone, Pine, Mutt, Thunderbird, Malix
Working of the Maildir Migrator Wizard
This tool is engineered by professionals that permits the user to export Maildir files to 30+ file formats and email clients. It also provides 10+ file naming conventions to maintain single mail. Users can change the language of the Maildir mailbox folder and can maintain the folder hierarchy. Also, the software will support Windows 10, 8, 7, and below versions also.
- Install & Run Maildir Attachment Extractor.
- Load Maildir Mailbox items in two ways.
- Select All required Maildir emails.
- Now, choose HTML format from saving list options.
- Setup all the required options like destination path, file saving name, etc.
- Now, click on the Next button to start the process.
- Preview complete process in application panel.
- Now, open the Destination folder & get all your Maildir Attachment files.
Key Features of the Software
- Convert Maildir Files to 30+ Email & File – It is the best software that provides features for the user that can convert Maildir files to 30+ Email clients and files obtained from the numerous Mail server.
- Also, Export Maildir Sub directories – The product can export or migrate Maildir and its subdirectories (I.e TMP, Cur, or NEW) as well. It likewise shows all the subdirectories of the Maildir file format in its board where clients can pick just the necessary registries or sub-catalogs inside the Maildir file change measure.
- Export Maildir or Maildir++ Files in Bulk- Maildir Converter allowed to download programming will empower the clients to send out Maildir or Maildir++ records in batch. Also, one can change over Maildir++ files acquired from the information reinforcement of (Dovecot, Postfix, Mutt, Qmail, KMail, or Mozilla Thunderbird).
In this blog, we have discussed the best solution related to how to extract attachments from the Maildir file format. We suggest a professional tool that allows users to export Maildir files to 30+ file formats and mail clients without data deletion or loss.
Also, the software can extract all attachments from Maildir file in batch and the user does not need to have the technical knowledge to perform the steps.
Once you extract attachments from Maildir file, you can free your mailbox storage space with the Maildir Attachment Removal tool.