DIY Tips to Remove Excel TMP Files Securely
- What are Excel Tmp (Temporary) Files?
- Where is the location to get Excel Temp files in Windows 10/8/7/XP?
- How to permanently delete Excel files?
What are Excel Temp Files?
Microsoft Excel used Temp files to store unsaved information while working on a spreadsheet. These are very useful to recover data from unsaved files closed accidentally. But, sometimes, these Temp files also create a problem for a user. You can understand from this query:
Location of Excel Temp files in Windows 10:
You should exactly know the location of Excel Temp files to browse the files. For each edition of Windows OS, by default location of the Excel Temp file is different:
Windows 7 & Windows 8: C: \ Users \ Username \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Office \ UnsavedFiles
Windows 10: C: \ Users \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Office \ UnsavedFiles
Or sometimes, you can browse to this location
Another method to get all Temp files:
In Windows OS, a user can get all Temp files in a folder through a Run command.
Press Win+R to open the Run command box, & then type %temp% and then click on the OK button.
How to Delete Excel Files Permanently?
The only manual way to delete Excel Temp files from your Windows computer is by Browsing to this location, select all the required Tmp files & then click on the Shift+Delete button.
Is this method Delete your Excel Data Permanently?
The answer is No, even if you clean your entire Recycle Bin, there are still sources of your Excel file that remain in the Disk. Any forensic expert with some hard drive recovery solution can recover the Excel files & access your confidential information.
Wipe Excel Data Permanently with Anti-Forensic Tool:
RecoveryTools Disk Wipe Software can solve your problem easily. The utility will completely remove the Excel file data including the main file & the Temp file without leaving any bit of data on the disk. No forensic tool can discover your data after removing it with the software. It provides various International standards to remove Excel files from your disk including Military grade standards.
Free Download the Setup for Windows OS:
The free trial edition of this utility will allow the users to delete the first 10 items that are less than 5 MB in size. The deleted items will not be recovered by any means. So, make sure you tested this software on unimportant data. It will permanently delete all the components of your Excel TMP files from the disk. If you want to delete Excel Temp files from disk, then you need to first activate the software by purchasing the license key. Three different types of licenses are available according to the number of machines on which the application can be used simultaneously.
Step-by-step Procedure to Remove Excel Data Permanently:
Team RecoveryTools believes in providing the simplest solution to help a user achieving his goal. This utility is another addition to this series. Here is a simple step-by-step procedure explained below so that you can understand it’s working.
- Run the software on your Windows machine & choose Select Folders Now Browse for the Temp folder location where your files are stored.
- The utility will list all the items stored in the folder in its panel. Now users have the choice to select the Excel Temp files to wipe them.
- The software will provide 10+ methods to delete Excel files with International standards. Users have a complete choice to select various methods like Zero, Random, WipeFile, US Navy, US DOD, US Air Force, Microsoft Cipher, Bit Toggle, NATO Standard, Peter Gutmann, etc.
- Setup any of the required filter settings available in its panel like Date Range (to choose between initial date & final date, file mask (to choose any specific file format), or overwrite Data text (with a message DeleteData using –BR–).
- Click on the Wipe button to quickly start the process. The utility will provide users a direct option to analyze the live process in its panel. Before start, the Wipe process, make sure you are deleting accurate files. Once you delete the files, you cannot retrieve them back on your computer by any means.
In the end, the toolkit will generate a SavingLog report which has all the information regarding the Excel Temp file removal process.
In this article, I had explained the best way how you can remove Excel Temporary files from any specific folder. There are many users who faced a lot of problems while working with the Microsoft Excel program especially while dealing with confidential information.