How to Configure Gmail Account to Foxmail (POP/IMAP/SMTP) ?
In this article, you will learn about how to configure Gmail account to Foxmail. All the Gmail Email Settings that are needed for the setup of Foxmail email accounts are also described here. Apart from it, users can also get to know about how to configure Gmail Emails Account to Foxmail program on any devices like Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc. It is very crucial for the users to provide right email settings. By providing Correct Email Settings user will not face any problem while setting up Gmail to Foxmail accounts.
Gmail to Foxmail Setup:
For many years I have been using Outlook Professional 2007 seamlessly to log into my Gmail account on different versions of Windows (XP and 7). After MS support for the W7 ended, I purchased a refurbished Dell Optiplex 390 computer with W10 pre-installed.
I installed Office Professional 2007 entirely from my hard drive, and all but one function is working as before. The exception is that Outlook doesn’t send from Outbox. Gmail inbox works fine. Test messages sent in the settings section of the email account are sent perfectly. Any email that is created and sent with Outlook ends up in the Outbox and an error occurs. Tried a few fresh installations of Office, checked all POP and STMP settings and nothing was sent from Outlook and it got stuck in Outbox. Sending via Gmail is great as always, but it is difficult to receive emails via a web browser. Does anyone have any suggestions?
How to Enable Gmail POP Settings?
Gmail’s POP and IMAP servers are email servers. With POP and IMAP, you can download messages from Gmail servers to your computer using an email client. Gmail’s SMTP servers are outgoing servers. The SMTP server allows you to send email from any email application through your Gmail accounts. To download Gmail from an email server on your Mobile, iPhone, iPad, PC or other device, you need to enable POP or IMAP in Gmail settings and then configure Gmail with your email client via POP or IMAP on your configured device. Before Doing so, you must have to first enable POP & IMAP Access in Gmail.
The default Gmail POP3 Server Settings to access Gmail Account in Foxmail is pop.gmail.com, Port 95 with SSL Enabled. By default POP is turned off for the Gmail account. You can easily enable POP3 access in your Gmail account.
- Login to your Gmail Account
- Click on Gear icon & choose Settings from the list.
- Now select Forwarding POP3/IMAP tab.
- Choose Enable POP for All Mail options.
- Once done, click on Save Changes button.
- Check for the POP Status: POP is Enabled.
How to Enable Gmail IMAP Settings?
The default Incoming Mail Server Settings for Gmail Account is imap.gmail.com, Port 993 with SSL Enabled. You can easily retrieve Gmail Emails in Foxmail accounts just by providing these details:
- Login to your Gmail accounts.
- Click on Gear icon & select Settings option.
- Choose Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Now select Enable IMAP option.
- Now Save Changes & Check for IMAP Status as Enabled.
Here are Foxmail Email Settings for Configuration of Accounts:
|Email Settings||Port Number|
Foxmail IMAP Incoming mail server:
993, requires SSL
Foxmail POP3 Incoming mail server:
110, requires SSL
Foxmail SMTP Outgoing mail server:
465, requires SSL
How to Import Foxmail Emails to Gmail Account?
If you face any problem while configuring Foxmail to Gmail account then you can try Foxmail Migration tool. This professional tool will help you to backup Foxmail emails to Gmail account with all details like Username & Password. It gives users unlimited advantages as some of them are listed below:
- 100% Secure Interface to migrate Foxmail emails to Gmail account.
- Preserve on-disk System Folder Hierarchy of Mailboxes like Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items etc.
- Users can perform Selective migration of emails from Foxmail to Gmail account using advanced filters settings.
- The Foxmail to Gmail Migration tool will Maintain all the Metadata & Properties of Foxmail emails.
- Users can convert bulk Foxmail emails to Gmail account at a single click.
- Run Foxmail to Gmail Backup software on all Windows Devices including Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista etc. for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS editions.