How to Export Lotus Notes Database to CSV? Complete Guide
In this digital world, every organization needs a database to manage their work and client data. It means an organized collection set of data stored in a file format called a Database. Small organizations use a file like CSV to store their database.
However, a large company uses cloud storage or hosted databases to manage their work. However, there are lots of users who want to convert NSF to CSV format.
Lotus Notes is a very powerful & collaborative tool by IBM to perform GroupWise management of emails & other items. IBM Notes is used with a variety of local & collaborative server applications such as emails, contacts, calendars, personal information managers, or the Web.
The CSV files or Comma Separated Values file format is a simple ASCII text file with one record per file as well all of its fields are separated by Commas. These documents or Text files will appear as individual records in the CSV file.
However, Lotus Notes has the option to export Lotus Notes database to CSV file but it will only export view data and simply copy the data into a new file. It will not export the details of emails, contacts, calendars, or other items from Lotus Notes to a CSV file.
Reasons to Convert NSF to CSV Format
“We would like to extract some data off our Notes database to a CSV format so we can export it into SQL database. Our Notes databases do not have rich text fields, can we write an agent to export Lotus Notes database to CSV? If we can please give a starting point on how we could do that. We would like to test what can SQL databases do compared to our Notes databases. Thanks – Lavina from Florida”
“I am working with Lotus Notes and want to import my IBM Notes emails to CSV files. Rapid export & extraction of document information. I want to export the Summary & field information of encrypted documents. So, kindly suggest a way to convert NSF to CSV format very quickly. Thanks in Advance!!! – Andrew Jackson, San Francisco”
How to Export Lotus Notes Database to CSV Manually?
- Firstly, open your Lotus Notes.
- Click on the File >> Export.
- After that, browse the location to save the result.
- Choose a Comma separate value as saving type.
- Lastly, click on the Export >> OK button.
This method is simple and easy to use to export Lotus Notes database to CSV, but there are some limits that you have to keep in mind such as:
- No guarantee that complete data will be transferred.
- There is no advanced filter for selective data conversion.
- Users can only convert a single NSF file at once.
- Required basic technical knowledge to convert NSF to CSV.
Professional & Advanced NSF to CSV Converter
As we can easily analyse from above there is a large number of users who want to export Lotus Notes database to CSV. This issue can be easily dealt with with the help of a professional toolkit i.e. NSF Converter. It only requires backup copies of the IBM Notes mailbox as NSF files to export all the database and address Books to CSV. Also, it quickly converts Lotus Notes structured text to CSV with all its database information.
Free Download NSF Data to CSV Export Tool:
Note: The trial version of this software is available for free of cost which will allow the users to export the first 25 emails from each folder of NSF to CSV files. If you want to convert NSF to CSV format first activate the software by purchasing all its appropriate licenses.
Steps to Export Lotus Notes Database to CSV
- Step 1: Download tool and upload NSF file.
- Step 2: Check the required folders/subfolders.
- Step 3: Choose CSV from the Select Saving Option.
- Step 4: Browse the location to save the result.
- Step 5: Convert button to convert NSF to CSV.
How to Convert NSF to CSV Format? Complete Steps
- Firstly, install and run the Lotus Notes to CSV Converter tool on your machine.
- Now add the required NSF files and folders using clicking on Add Files or Add Folders.
- All the folders and subfolders will load and check the required data from here and click on the Convert button.
- After that, hit on the Select Saving Option and choose the CSV option from the list.
- Apply the advances filter option for selective NSF to CSV conversion from the Filter Options tab.
- After that, Click on the Folder Icon to change the default destination path or create a New Folder.
- Analyze the Live Conversion process in the application panel as displayed.
- Once the conversion process is finished, click on the OK button to export Lotus Notes database to CSV.
- Last;y, users can directly access the resultant CSV files from the destination path.
As we can easily analyze from above the working of this powerful NSF to CSV Converter toolkit is very easy & can be proved very beneficial to non-technical as well as technical users. The interface of this utility is very easy & simplified for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS editions.
How to Export Lotus Notes Database to CSV? – Video Tutorial
In the above video tutorial, we get to know about how to convert NSF to CSV format easily & instantly. It will produce one CSV file for each form in the Lotus Notes database. The resultant CSV file will contain the data for each of the fields from any documents in the database.
One can easily modify the users to export Lotus Notes data from a single file. There are multiple enterprise people who want to export Lotus Notes database to CSV format.
It will be very helpful for the users to import Notes Contacts to Gmail accounts, MS Outlook, Apple Numbers, Apache OpenOffice Calc, LibreOffice Calc, etc.
Lotus Notes NSF to CSV Converter – Major Features & Benefits
The software enables the users to export Lotus Notes database to CSV archives. Using this powerful toolkit easily export Names.NSF to CSV files making it available to import into Outlook Contacts, Google Contacts, Thunderbird, and other applications. CSV files are also easily accessible in Excel spreadsheets. It comes with various advanced features some of which are given below:
- Easily open the resultant Comma comma-separated values (CSV files) in all Spreadsheets and database management systems including Microsoft Excel, Apple Number, LibreOffice Calc, & Apache OpenOffice.
- The software asks the users to load Notes NSF files in the application panel using dual ways i.e., Add Files or Add Folders
- One of the major advantages that occur with the toolkit is it provides a proper display & preview of emails in its panel.
- The toolkit also enables the users to Save all the inserted Attachments directly from the application panel to the user’s desired location.
- It is an important & necessary condition to be matched for the working of this toolkit is Lotus Notes or IBM Notes must be installed & properly configured in your system.
- Also, the utility supports all the Lotus Notes NSF files exported with all versions including IBM Notes 10.0, Notes 9.0, Notes 8.5, Notes 8.0, Notes 7.0, Notes 6.5, or all other previous versions.
- The software will create a single CSV file having all the information of a user mailbox.
- The utility is fully compatible with all the latest versions & editions of Microsoft Windows i.e., Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, and Win Vista.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Ques 1: Is Lotus Notes a Database?
Ans: A Lotus Notes database is like a bunch of papers neatly arranged in a specific order or pattern.
- Ques 2: Does IBM still use Lotus Notes?
Ans: No IBM is not using Lotus Notes now, because it sells Lotus Notes to HCL.
- Ques 3: Is CSV better than Excel?
Ans: CSV file is lightweight and compact, which means users can share this file faster than Excel format.
In this article, we get to know about how can a user easily export Lotus Notes database to CSV files quickly & instantly. There is a large number of users who want to convert NSF to CSV format including all emails, contacts, & calendars. Use this amazing toolkit for the transfer of Lotus Notes NSF mailbox to CSV files quickly & instantly.