What is the Best Way to Import vCard to Outlook?
There are several reasons why you would want to import vCard to Outlook clients. You may be doing so to keep things organized or for the purpose of archiving your old contacts in case you lose them. However, after reading this article, you will learn the complete process to import VCF with multiple contacts to Outlook 365. So, keep reading this article to know more.
Whether you are a small business or a large one, the variety of contacts is the same. In your daily routine, you meet many people such as clients, customers, partners, suppliers, friends, etc. However, it is not possible to manage such huge lists using your smartphone.
vCard is a standard contact file format to save the contact information of various applications and devices. The vCard or VCF file can contain the contact information of an individual or business. This usually includes a name, phone number, email address, address, and other contact information.
There are lots of reasons why a user wants to import vCard to Outlook that we will discuss later. Below we have explained some queries regarding the process to import VCF to Outlook 365.
“Hello, I have collected some vCard files from many Android phones. I want to import VCF with multiple contacts to Outlook 365 (2016) email client. Does RecoveryTools help me in this matter?”
“Hi, I am looking for a solution to import contacts from iCloud (*.VCF) files to an Outlook client. I know how to export the vCard file from my iCloud account, but I can’t find a way to import vCard to Outlook. Because Microsoft Outlook only supports CSV format. That’s why I am looking for a solution to import VCF to Outlook 365 clients. Please suggest a solution.”
Now that we have looked at the user queries, let us understand the requirement to import VCF with multiple contacts to Outlook 365.
Why Need to Import vCard to Outlook?
- Contact Consolidation: To import VCF to Outlook 365 enables you to consolidate and bring together the contacts from various sources into one centralized location in the Outlook.
- Seamless Integration: The vCard files can be very easily integrated into Outlook’s contact management system, which ensures compatibility and easy access.
- Business Networking: Importing VCF files is especially useful for business networking. This allows you to quickly add the contacts obtained from conferences and meetings.
- Backup & Recovery: To import vCard to Outlook can help you create a full fledged backup of all your contacts, protecting you from accidental data loss or any such mishaps.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: The vCard data files are compatible across various platforms and devices. Importing them to Outlook ensures that you would be able to access them very easily regardless of the device or the platform you are using.
Now let us see the manual methods to import VCF with multiple contacts to Outlook 365.
Manual Way to Import a vCard File from Outlook Email Messages
This method can be used in situations where you would receive a .VCF file as an attachment with one of the emails in the MS Outlook platform and you would want to extract that vCard file. Let us see the steps of this process.
- Open “Outlook” in your local system.
- Select and Open the Email that contains the vCard file you’re looking to extract.
- Now, “Right-click” on the vCard and choose, “Add to Outlook Contacts”.
- Go to the contacts window, and select “Save & Close”.
- Repeat these steps for every VCF file you’d want to extract.
In the upcoming section we will be discussing the process to import VCF to Outlook 365 manually.
Manual Method to Import vCard to Outlook using Outlook’s Import/Export Wizard!
In this process guide we will show you how to import a VCF data file with the help of the import wizard. Follow this guide with accuracy to get the desired results.
- Open up the Outlook in your local system.
- Click on the “File” menu.
- From the menu, click on “Open & Export” and then, “Import/Export”.
- Now, hit on the “Import from another program or file” and choose, “Import a vCard file (.vcf)”.
- Browse and choose the vCard file you needed to complete the process to import VCF to Outlook 365.
The selected file is imported in Outlook successfully.
In the next section of this, we will go through the realm of the automated solution. But, before we delve into that, let us know why we should go towards the recommended tool?
Reasons to go with the Automated Solution instead of the Manual Ways!
- Tiresome Process: If you have a large number of VCF files and you decide to go for this, then the whole thing can turn into a nightmare real quick! This is due to the fact that you would have to repeat the whole process shown above again and again for each individual file.
- Dependent on Individual Skills: The success of this process to import vCard to Outlook is majorly dependent on the person who is doing it. So, due to this manual method, this is not a standardized process.
- Risky Procedure: This process comes with a risk. One misstep by you and you could lose all your data just like that.
- Compatibility Issues: It is possible that during the process you may face data parsing issues. It can be because of some Outlook settings or may be due to non-compatibility with certain vCard files.
Recommended Tool to Import vCard to Outlook
We suggest you install the RecoveryTools vCard Converter Tool to import VCF with multiple contacts to Outlook 365. It is a hassle-free solution that is specifically meant for all home and commercial users. The utility allows you to import multiple or even unlimited numbers of vCard files without facing any kind of data loss and disruptions.
Moreover, it has been developed with an easy-to-use interface and has been developed with a perfect algorithm that allows working according to the needs and requirements of the users.
The utility also supports other formats such as PDF, HTML, Excel and many others. Just Download the mentioned tool to import vCard to Outlook with the buttons provided below.
Quick Steps to Import VCF to Outlook 365
- Step 1: Start the software on your PC.
- Step 2: Add the VCF using Select Files/Folders.
- Step 3: Check the required folders/subfolders.
- Step 4: Click on Saving Options and choose PST.
- Step 5: Browse the path and hit the Convert icon.
Steps to Import VCF with Multiple Contacts to Outlook 365
- Download and Run the tool.
- Choose one of the dual options provided in the tool’s interface.
- Preview and Check Mark the files you want to import.
- Select your saving option as PST.
- Now, choose your file’s destination path.
- Click on ”Convert” to begin the process to import vCard to Outlook.
- Hit on the “OK” button to complete.
- Now, open your Outlook, go to the Menu option, and select the “Open Outlook Data File” option.
Import VCF with Multiple Contacts to Outlook 365 – Features & Benefits
- Keep Original Contact Fields: The program maintains all the contact fields during the import process such as name, phone number, email address, address, and other contact information.
- Standalone User Interface: The import tool comes with a standalone interface. There is no need to install Microsoft Outlook necessary to import contacts. Also, there is no need to install any other supportive solutions and plugins during the process.
- Import vCard Files to All Outlook Editions: The software allows you to import vCard to Outlook client. One can easily use this application to import multiple VCFs to Outlook.
- Access for Mac Editions: After importing the contacts, one can easily import the resultant data to a Mac computer by any medium. You can use this resultant file on your Outlook for Mac edition easily.
- Dual Options for Selection: The software comes with dual selection options to choose multiple vCard files at once. The option is “Add Files” and “Add Folder” to import vCard to Outlook.
- Support All Microsoft Windows OS: One can easily install this application on all editions of Microsoft Windows including x64bit OS. The software also runs on Windows Server editions such as Windows 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc.
Note: This is a demo version of this application that allows very few attempts to import VCF with multiple contacts to Outlook 365. For more, you need to purchase this solution for lifetime use.
In the above article, we have discussed the complete way to import vCard to Outlook. A lot more solutions are already present but we need to justify that the above-mentioned solution is more effortless to use and will provide better and more convenient results with 100% accuracy to import VCF with multiple contacts to Outlook 365. Other than that, if you have any doubt, then you can use the Demo edition of this software to import the first 10 vCard contacts to Outlook. And, once you feel you are satisfied, you can use the premium version of this software.