How to Import PST to Shared Mailbox? Complete Guide
Today, we will solve the most searched query on the internet “How to import PST to shared mailbox”.
We all know that Office 365 is famous for its unique features and performance, which makes Office 365 the first choice of users. Also, it allows users to create shared mailboxes, which can be accessible to multiple users. And Outlook generates PST file formats to store their data such as email, contacts, calendar, and so on, which is also known as and popular file format around the world.
But there are some situations that appear when users want to upload PST to shared mailbox, but the migration task is not easy as we are thinking. Do not worry, here we are going to mention complete information with step by step guide to import PST to shared mailbox.
How to Upload Outlook PST to Shared Mailbox?
Here we are going to explain both manual and expert solutions to accomplish your task. All the methods with complete information are mentioned below in detail.
Method 1: Import PST to Shared Mailbox Office 365 using Outlook
Here we are going to take the help of Outlook email clients. You have to follow 2 steps to accomplish the process:
Step 1: Configured Shared Mailbox into Outlook
- Open an Outlook account on your system.
- Click on the File tab and then choose Add Account
- Enter the login details of the shared mailbox and hit the Connect button.
- Enter the POP/IMAP details
- And lastly hit the Finish button to import PST to shared mailbox.
Step 2: Import PST File into Outlook Account
If you have an orphan PST file, then first you have to import that file into your Outlook account by following mentioned account.
- Open Outlook and click on the “File” tab >> “Open & Export” option and then “Import/Export” from the list.
- Now choose the “Import from Another Program or File” option and Click on the “Next” button to continue the process.
- Next, select “Outlook Data File (.PST)” from the list and again Next button.
- After that, browse the PST files, that you want to import and select the folder, in which you want to import, and apply the filters, Finish button to import PST to shared mailbox.
Step 3: Sync the Uploaded File into Shared Mailbox
- Open an Outlook account.
- Select Send / Receive >> Send/ Receive All Folders to start the syncing process.
- If successful PST file will be uploaded into configured shared mailbox.
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
- Microsoft Outlook should be installed on your system.
- Required a paid package in your Outlook.
- Required technical knowledge about IMAP account configuration, settings, and email protocols.
Method 2: Expert Solution to Import PST to Shared Mailbox
The RecoveryTools PST to Office Migration Tool to move PST files to Microsoft 365 account directly. The software has been created with highly advanced algorithms, which makes the software more powerful and easy to use for all users.
It comes with a free demo version so that users can analyze the tool easily. Users can easily download the software on any Windows OS including the latest Windows 11. More features are mentioned below in detail:
You can also download and install the RecoveryTools Cloud Restore Software to import PST to shared mailbox, which comes with advanced features. The tool is a complete package of features such as users can restore and backup from 90+ sources and save into 30+ saving options. The software is highly recommended for large-scale businesses and organizations.
Advanced and Phenomenal Features of the Software
- Support All Types of PST: The tool is capable to support both ANSI and UNICODE PST files, and also it can import corrupted, damaged, and inaccessible files.
- Dual Options: The software provides dual options to upload files and folders at once without any hassle.
- Automatic Load Files: If you want to upload a PST file from your Outlook profile, then choose the “Convert Configured Outlook Mailboxes Data” option, which can load the complete data automatically.
- Selected & Bulk Data– After uploading the data, all folders and subfolders will appear on the screen, now choose the required data from here. And you can import multiple PST files to shared mailbox in bulk.
- Language Options: Users can import PST files into various languages such as English, Dutch, Spanish, French, German, etc.
- Import Complete Data of PST Files: The software allows users to move complete data of PST files including Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, etc.
Working Steps to Import PST to Shared Mailbox Office 365
- Download and install the software on your system.
- Now upload your PST files manually and automatically using the given options.
- Next, select the required folders and subfolders from the screen.
- Choose the Office 365 option from the saving list.
- Apply the advanced filter option to import only required emails.
- Lastly, enter the login details of Office 365 and hit to “Convert” option.
And successfully your PST file will be imported into your Office 365 account directly with preserved information and details. The software also provides a free demo version, which can import only 25 emails. So, that users can use and analyze the tool.
Time to Say Goodbye
Here we mentioned the solve the query “how to import PST to shared mailbox” using manual and professional methods. Manual methods are easy and straightforward but it has some drawbacks. If you want the error-free process to upload PST Files into shared mailbox MS 365 account, then follow the mentioned solution. We have tried to provide all the information and a step-by-step guide, hope you find the article beneficial.