Import Emails, Contacts, Calendars from Single or Multiple PST File into Outlook Mail Client
In this article, we will discuss about the various ways for how to export PST file into Outlook. A large number of users faces various issues while trying to import PST file to Outlook. Users can easily import emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes from Outlook Data File into all latest versions of Outlook including Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002 etc. Just follow these methods explained in this article.
Why You Might Want to Import Outlook Items from PST file to Outlook?
There are various reasons due to which a user decided to import emails, contacts, calendars and other Outlook items from an Outlook Data File *.pst to Outlook email client likewise,
- In case if a user wants to move items of one Outlook email account to another Outlook account.
- Or in case if a user wants to permanently or temporarily switch from one PC to another PC.
- If a user is trying to move Outlook items from Mac to PC or PC to Mac in professional way.
How to Find Outlook PST Files in your PC?
By default, Outlook saves or store mailbox items in PST file, which can be accessed from default Outlook datafile location. For Windows 10, a user can browse for the given location to access the Outlook data.
If you are running Outlook 2010 and later, from File menu click on Account Settings option in Info category. Now again open Account Settings and then choose Data Files tab in the window that appears. It will display the location of your Outlook data storage, copy/paste the path in explorer or directly browse to the Outlook account data location.
Sometimes, when a user configured with IMAP settings or is connected with Exchange Server, then in that case user will receive OST file at that location. To perform actions to import mailbox items from this file into Outlook, it is first necessary to convert OST to PST file format.
Import Single PST File into Outlook 2016:
In case if you trying to import a single Outlook Data File (PST) received from various resources like emails, Pen drive, flash drive, old Outlook Data backup file etc. into Outlook. In that case Outlook provides direct method to import the required PST file. Just follow these simple steps to get in-depth information about the same.
- Run Outlook in your PC in which you want to import PST file. At its top ribbon, select File option from saving options.
- Select Open & Export option from the list & then select Import/Export for transfer of files.
- An Import/Export Wizard will instantly get initialized. Select Import from another program or file option and then click on Next button to proceed.
- Select Outlook Data File (*.pst) from here and then click on Next button to proceed.
- The Wizard will ask the users to Browse for the PST file location. Under Options, it asks the users how to deal with emails and contacts after then click on Next button to proceed.
- In case if you have protected PST file with Password, enter the Password to allow and click on OK
- Choose the Folders to Import as well Wizard will ask you to remove or include Subfolders.
- To finalize the process, click on Finish button to exit from the Wizard.
The Outlook will instantly start importing the contents of PST file, once the progress box disappeared the import process will finish.
Note: If you want to retrieve only a few or selected items from PST file into Outlook then you can use Open option and then select the PST file. Drag & Drop emails from PST file into your existing Outlook folders.
As you can see that one can quickly import a single PST file into Outlook application for all versions including Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002 etc. for both 32 & 64-bit OS applications.
How to Import Multiple PST files to Outlook?
The real issue occurs when a user needed to import multiple PST files in Outlook. Outlook allows to import only a single PST file at a time. Therefore, it took a lot of time for the user to import PST files in Outlook continuously. To overcome this drawback, a user can merge all PST files into a single PST file and then import the resultant UNICODE PST file into Outlook. It can also merge ANSI PST files into single UNICODE PST file to overcome file oversize issue. To accomplish this task, a user needs to use a professional toolkit. One such software is RecoveryTools Outlook Migrator software which can batch convert multiple ANSI or UNICODE PST files into a single UNICODE PST file. Follow these steps to do so:
- Download the Outlook Importer Software from Given Below Download Button:
- Install & Run this application in your Windows PC & read all important instructions written on Home screen.
- Click on Add Folders option and then select the folder having all Outlook PST files.
- To perform selective conversion, choose only required Outlook Data File
- A list of 20+ Select Saving options will be displayed. Choose PST option from this list.
- Setup all required options like Split PST or Destination Path. Make sure to disable Separate PST per user.
- Click on Convert button & it will instantly initialize the conversion process.
- Analyze the Live Conversion process in the application panel & then wait for the completion of the process.
- After conversion process, it will ask the users to confirm conversion process. Click on OK button.
- The software will automatically open the destination location folder from where you can access the resultant PST file.
As user will receive a single PST file containing data of all the PST files. It becomes now easier for the user to transfer, share or import Outlook items into PST file. Import the resultant PST file into Outlook exactly following the steps discussed in above described section.
The Verge: In this article we discussed various requirements of a user to Import PST file into Outlook. We just try to find out the best solution to import a single PST file into Outlook completely free of cost. As Outlook allows to import mailbox items through a single PST file at once therefore a large number of users were facing the trouble while importing emails, contacts, calendars from multiple PST file. This issue is completely resolved in this article and the best possible solution is discussed above.